3 Easy Ways to Retain Top Talent - For Free

As a Hiring Manager with a decade + experience, I know that it is difficult to find talented employes. I know that it is even more difficult to onboard and retain them. Of course, the financial aspect is important, especially for a sales professional like myself, but money is not an end all be all.
In reflecting on what makes me feel most satisfied in my job and most loyal to my employer, I came up with 3 things that I am grateful for today....and no, I am not working from the beach, but I am working in a truly spectacular city - #Chicago
1. Having an employer who trusts me. Yesterday I negotiated terms with a prospect (now client) that were a "break-even" for the company, but I believe that this person & company will make for a fantastic long-term partnership that will ultimately be financially beneficial. Without blinking an eye, my President gave me the go ahead to sign the deal. 
2. Having the flexibility to set my own (reasonable) hours and to not feel guilty when I need to take time for a doctors appointment, friends wedding, or enjoy a Summer Friday. This flexibility makes me more focused, excited, and productive while in office. 
3. I have two bosses and both of them tell me, often, that they are proud of my accomplishments, appreciate my hard work, or congratulate me on a job well done. Being supported and recognized makes me want to give more to this company. 
I see so many articles on LinkedIn about what employers need to do to retain top talent - easy...Treat them with respect and trust, acknowledge that work is important but so is free time, and let them know you appreciate them. 
Each of these suggestions is something that can be implemented with a small change of attitude and shift of culture. If your company has a competitive total rewards package already, you can implement these changes to emotionally support your employees and I bet it will increase your retention rates and employee job satisfaction in no time.
Consider connecting with me on LinkedIn if you think I'm on to something! You can also find me on Twitter @LeslieVenetz and I write a sales blog on Blogspot!
I'd love to hear what non-financial perks you love or what you wish your company would implement today! Comment below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Job of a Professional Interrupter

Five Basic Rules...that most people ignore

Recognized as Top B2B Sales Professional on LinkedIn