Learning is Exhausting!

You may have noticed that it's been months since my last post. The reason - learning is exhausting!

After six months in my role at PHMG/, I cannot count on all of my fingers and toes how many new and exciting skills I've learned. I can genuinely say that every day in this job has taught me a new lesson, new perspective, or new skill.

Managing an Inside Sales Team requires you to be physically, mentally, and emotionally present all day long every single day. It's why I love the job. I have the opportunity to inspire people to greatness, to help them achieve financial goals they don’t know are possible, and to be in their corner. In exchange, a Sales Manager must always be turned on and tuned in. 

Launching an office from scratch has been a tremendous challenge. Growing from employee 1 - me - to employee 24 over the span of 4 months has been extremely rewarding. It has also meant that I've had to learn twice as fast and at least once a week I still have to admit I just don't know the answer. 

Going to sleep exhausted and waking up tired every day taught me a few key lessons:

1. You don't feel busy when you are busy with what you love. 

2. It's better to say, I don't know but I will find out then to pretend you have all of the answers. 

3. Transparency is key to quickly gain the trust and respect of a team.

4. ALL sales people can achieve greater heights if somebody they believe in is pushing them past what they believe to be capable of. 


5. As a Sales Manager, proving that you can do the job yourself is the best way you prove you deserve to be a leader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Job of a Professional Interrupter

Recognized as Top B2B Sales Professional on LinkedIn

Five Basic Rules...that most people ignore